Online PaymentsPay your property tax online
Mail-In PaymentsIf you would like to make a payment by mail, please make checks payable to “City of Roswell” and mail the check and payment coupon (bill stub) to the address listed on the payment coupon:City of Roswell Property Taxes
PO Box 732685
Dallas, TX 75373-2685
Understanding Property Tax
ExampleA house with an assessed value of $300,000 would have an assessed tax of $4,156.56. Please see the graphic below for a full tax breakdown.
Current Approved Millage RateMillage rates are the tax rates used to calculate local property taxes. The rate represents the amount per every $1,000 of a property's assessed value.
Roswell City Council adopted a millage rate of 4.955 mills for FY2020 at their meeting on August 12, 2019.
Roswell's Millage Rate History
Notice of Property Tax Increase
Tentative Millage RateThe Mayor and Council of the City of Roswell have tentatively adopted a millage rate which will require an increase in property taxes by 0.43 percent.
All concerned citizens are invited to the public hearing/meetings on this tax increase to be held virtual on the following dates:
- Monday, August 24, 2020: During the Virtual City Council Meeting at 7:00 PM (First Reading)
- Wednesday, August 26, 2020: Virtual City Council Special Called Public Hearing at 6:00 PM
- Monday, August 31, 2020: Virtual City Council Special Called Meeting at 7:00 PM (Second Reading and City Council vote to determine the final FY2021 millage rate)
This tentative increase will result in a millage rate of 4.705 mills, an increase of 0.02 mills. Without this tentative tax increase, the millage rate will be no more than 4.685 mills. The proposed tax increase for a home with a fair market value of $400,000 is approximately $3.20 and the proposed tax increase for non-homestead property with a fair market value of $650,000 is approximately $5.20.
Tax Increase ExplanationYour total property tax rate, or millage rate, is proposed to remain the same as last year at 4.955. The City is estimating a slight increase in property values that may result in additional property tax revenue. Actual changes in property values will not be available until the City receives the official property digest from the Fulton County Tax Commissioner. The City's total property tax rate has remained the same since FY2019.
Once approved, the homestead exemptions will renew automatically each year until a change in ownership occurs. Homestead exemption amounts, excluding the Disabled Veteran Exemption, apply to the General Fund Millage Rate only.
Floating Homestead ExemptionThis exemption is automatically granted to all Roswell residents with a Fulton County Homestead Exemption in place. The Floating Homestead Exemption caps the 2019 taxable value at the lowest value from 2016, 2017, or 2018 plus 4.23%. For future years, value increases will be limited by the rate of inflation or 3%, whichever is less.
Senior Homestead ExemptionsThe City of Roswell offers two Senior Homestead Exemptions:
- A $2,000 exemption is available for persons age 65 or older.
- A $20,000 exemption is available for persons age 65 or older with a combined Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of less than $40,000.
Disabled Veteran ExemptionThe City of Roswell recognizes the Federal Disabled Veteran Exemption. If you are a disabled veteran that has been approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs as being permanently 100% disabled, you may be entitled to receive an exemption of $85,645.
Homestead Exemption Applications
- Homestead Exemption Application: $2,000 (Age 65 or older)
- Homestead Exemption Application: $2,000 & $20,000 (Age 65 or older and combined AGI under $40,000)
- Homestead Exemption Application: 100% Disabled Veterans
Please mail homestead exemption applications to:City of Roswell
38 Hill Street
Roswell, GA 30075
- Roswell Property Tax Brochure
- Form for Real Estate Property Tax/Utility Bill History Request
- Form for Alcoholic Beverage Excise Tax
- Form for Public Accommodations (Hotel/Motel) Excise Tax
- Form for Rental Motor Vehicle Excise Tax